Water and Sanitation Agency of Faisalabad
Project: Extension of water resources for Faisalabad city – Phase II
Credit No. CPK 1038
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Preparation of Preliminary Design, Tender Documents, Safeguards (ESIA and RAP) Reports and Construction Supervision of Water Treatment Plants and NRW Pilot Project
1. The project involves the implementation of the components described below:
Component 1: Increasing of the water production capacity
As part of the project, it is planned to increase drinking water production capacity by 135 000 m3/d through:
- the extension of the existing surface Jhal Water Treatment Plant capacity by 22 500 m3/d
- the construction of a new 112 500 m3/d water treatment plant near Jaranwala Road at Lower Gogera Canal Branch and the distribution/arterial network
These water treatment plants will be implemented on EPC Mode with 3 years O&M period (O&M cost would be financed separately by Govt. of Punjab through its own sources).
Component 2: Non-Revenue Water
The project includes a Non-Revenue Water (NRW) reduction program and the establishment of Zones (District Metering Zones/DMZ and District Metering Areas) through installation of bulk meters, customer meters, SCADA system, leak detection and piloting the concept of 24/7 service.
2. The consulting services of this assignment (“the Services”) include:
• undertaking of topographic and geotechnical surveys,
• Review and finalization of preliminary design and preparation of tender documents,
• assistance to F-WASA in tendering process,
• works supervision services,
• assisting F-WASA in construction completion and commissioning
• Preparation of Safeguards Reports: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Resettlement Action Plans (RAP) as per World Bank guidelines.
Minimum qualification criteria will be as per AFD's Procurement guidelines and Punjab Procurement Regulatory Authority Rules(PPRA,Punjab,Pakistan).
Consultancy Services for Preparation of Preliminary Design, Tender Documents, Safeguards (ESIA and RAP) Reports and Construction Supervision of Water Treatment Plants and NRW Pilot Project for "Extension of Water Resources for Faisalabad City – Phase II"